Layer0("we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information we may process about you. This Privacy Notice ("Notice") explains who we are, how we collect, use and share personal information about you and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Notice applies (unless a different notice is displayed) to the processing of personal information by us in the usual course of business, including when you:
- Visit our websites (such as https://www.layer0.co/) that display a link to this Notice (the "Site" or "Sites"),visit our social media pages; visit our offices; receive communications from us, including emails, phone calls and texts; subscribe to or post comments to our blog posts; or register for, attend and/or otherwise take part in our events, tutorials, public communication channels or forum or webinars (including demonstrations of our services)(we collectively refer to all of these activities as our "Marketing Activities").
- Access or use our Customer's domains, websites, application programming interfaces, mobile applications, internet connected devices ("End Users"); or
- Use our Services as an authorized team member of one of our customers ("Service Users").
"You" may, depending on the context, be: a visitor to one of our Sites, offices or social media pages; a recipient of our communications; attendee or registrant to a Layer0 sponsored event or other events at which Layer0 participates; or a Service User or End User whose personal information is processed in connection with our Services.
This Notice does not apply to the personal information that we process as a processor on behalf of our customers in the course of providing our Services.
We are Layer0, a company headquartered in the United States. We provide a cloud-based platform to our customers to deliver instant loading websites (the "Services"). Our eCommerce web apps and accelerated mobile pages allow our customers to readily offer the products and services on mobile devices. You can find out more about us and our Services here.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area ("EEA"),United Kingdom or Switzerland, the controller of your personal information that we process for the purposes described in this Notice is Layer0 Corporation, Inc.
The information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make, your location and applicable law.
In general, we provide our Services to our customers and collect personal information on their behalf. As a result, for much of the personal information that we collect and process about End Users through the Services, we act as a processor. This means, it is primarily our customers that control what personal information we collect through our Services and how we use it. Therefore if you have any privacy related questions about the practices or choices the relevant customers has made to share your information with us or any other third party, you should contact the relevant customer or review their privacy notice.
Information you provide to us
If you are a Service User you (or your team administrator) may provide certain personal information to us through the Services - for example, when you sign up for a Layer0 account to access and use the Services, when you consult with customer support or send us an email or communicate with us in any way.
The personal information we collect may include:
- Business contact information (such as your name, job title, organization, phone number, email address and country);
- Registration information (such as your email or username and password when you sign-up for an account with us and the unique User ID assigned to you in our systems);
- Account configuration (which is information about you configure your account and the Services for your domains (e.g. firewall settings);
- Troubleshooting and support data (which is data you provide or we otherwise access in connection with support queries we receive from you. This may include, for example, contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with Layer0, and the product or service you are using related to your help inquiry); and
- Payment information (including your credit card numbers and associated identifiers, billing address and background information, but only where you pay for the Services).
If you ever communicate directly with us, we will maintain a record of those communications and responses.
Information we collect automatically
When you use or interact with the Services, we automatically collect or receive certain information through our Services (for example in log files) and through other technologies (such as cookies) about your device and usage of the Services. In some (but not all) countries, including countries in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), UK and Switzerland, this information is considered 'personal data' under data protection laws. For further information please review the section "Cookies and Similar Technologies" below.
- Usage data, which is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services. This data may include browser information and settings (such as the browser type, viewport or viewing pane, screen resolution, whether or not Java is enabled, and the version of Flash used) and information about your activity in the Services such as information about the pages viewed (such as the URL and title), and click-stream data.
- Location data, such as information about your device's location, is purely based on your IP address.
(ii) End Users
As mentioned above, Layer0 operates largely as a conduit for End User personal information collected, processed and transmitted by its Customer's via the Services. Therefore, in most cases we only process End User personal information on behalf of and as instructed by our customers (the controllers of the personal information).
In connection with our Services, we automatically collect and store certain technical information from End Users in standard web access logs when they visit or interact with our customer's domains, websites, APIs, mobile applications, Internet connected devices, and networks("End User Logs"). Most oft his information does not enable us to specifically identify End Users (for example, by reference to their name or other direct identifiers). However, in some (but not all) countries, including countries in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), UK and Switzerland, this information is still considered 'personal data' under data protection laws.
End Users Logs may include the following information: page activity data and URLs of sites visited with time stamps, IP address, system configuration information, and any other information about traffic to and from the Customer's websites, applications or networks. We collect and use this information to operate, secure, maintain and improve our Services.
Information you provide to us:
Our Site offers various ways to contact us, such as through form submissions, email or phone, to inquire about our company and Services. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. We may also collect information from you in person at a trade show or event or via a phone call with one of our sales representatives or if you visit our offices (where you may be required register as a visitor and provide us with certain information).
The personal information we collect may include:
- Business contact information (such as your name, phone number, email address and country);
- Professional information (such as your job title, institution or company and information about the institution or company);
- Nature of your communication;
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences); and
- Any information you choose to provide to us when completing any 'free text' boxes in our forms.
Personal information may also be provided to us on your behalf by another Service User (such as our customer).] If you ever communicate directly with us, we will maintain a record of those communications and responses.
Information we collect automatically:
The information we collect may include:
Device data - such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser, device information, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, request information (speed, frequency, the site from which you linked to us (“referring page”), the name of the website you choose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), information about other websites you have recently visited and the web browser used (software used to browse the internet) including its type and language); and
Usage data – such as information about how you interact with our emails, Sites and other websites (such as the pages and files viewed, searches, operating system and system configuration information and date/timestamps associated with your usage).
Information we collect from other sources:
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. This information may include mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), IP addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising, event promotion and optimizing our Sites, Services and Marketing Activities.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use and process the personal information we collect or receive (alone or in combination) for the purposes and on the legal bases identified below:
- Communicating with you about the Services: If you are a Service User, we may send you service, technical and other administrative or technical email, messages and other types of notifications (such as distribution and product updates and product patches and fixes) in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the Services and providing certain features. These communications are considered part of the Services and in most cases you cannot opt-out of them. If an opt-out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
- Promoting the security of our Sites and Services: If you visit our Sites or use our Services, we may process your personal information by tracking use of our Sites, creating aggregated, non-personal data, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity and enforcing our terms and policies, to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of the Sites and our Services, and in protecting our rights and the rights of others.
- Handling contact and Customer support requests: If you contact us, we process your personal information to perform our contract with you and/or (if we have not entered into a contract with you)to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you.
- Managing event registrations and attendance: We process your personal information to plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you, to perform of our contract with you.
- Developing and improving our Marketing Activities and Services: We process your personal information to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our Marketing Activities and Services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our Marketing Activities and Services and providing you with more relevant content and service offerings, or where we seek your valid consent.
- Assessing and improving end user experience: We process device and usage data as described above which in some cases may be associated with your personal information, in order to analyze trends in order to assess and improve the overall user experience to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our Marketing Activities and/or Services, or where we seek your valid consent.
- Reviewing compliance with applicable usage terms: We process your personal information to review compliance with our contract with you or your organization (where applicable) to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure adherence to the relevant terms.
- Identifying customer opportunities: We process your personal information to assess new potential customer opportunities to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the demands of our customers and their ServiceUsers experiences.
- Registering office visitors: We process your personal information for security reasons, to register visitors to our offices and to manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign, to the extent such processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and our confidential information against unauthorized access.
- Displaying personalized advertisements and content: We process your personal information to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Sites and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in supporting our Marketing Activities or advertising our Services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent (please see the "Your Privacy Rights" section, below, to learn how you can control how the processing of your personal information for personalized advertising purposes).
- Sending marketing communications: We will process your personal information to send you marketing information, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls) about us when this is in accordance with your marketing preferences, including information about our products, services, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent (please see the "Your Privacy Rights" section, below, to learn how you can control the processing of your personal information by Layer0 for marketing purposes).
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and features, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends and expanding our business activities in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Sites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
Where we need to collect and process personal information by law, or under a contract we have entered into with you, and you fail to provide the required personal information when requested, we may not be able to perform our contract with you.
Some links on our Sites may redirect you to third party resources, including websites and services that Layer0 does not operate. The privacy practices of these websites and services will be governed by their own policies.
We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties except as outline below. We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Service providers. In order to provide our Services, manage our Site and undertake our Marketing Activities, it may be necessary for us disclose your information to contracted partners who perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); customer support providers to assist with customer services queries; and analytics company to perform analysis on the Site and Services. These third party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use your personal information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital interests and legal rights. We may disclose information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our terms of service or this Notice, or as evidence in litigation in which we may be involved.
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Notice.
- Advertising Partners. We may partner with third party advertising networks, exchanges and social media platforms (like Facebook) to display advertising on our Sites or to manage and service advertising on other sites and we may share personal information with them for this purpose. [Please see more information in our Cookie Notice for further information, including information about how you can turn off tracking technologies.]
- Consent. We may share your information with any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Our Site and Services are hosted in the United States. Your information may be transferred to, stored and processed by Layer0 in our facilities and by those third parties whom we may share your personal information, in the United States and the European Union. Some countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. Regardless of where your data is located, we (a) treat all personal information in accordance with applicable law; and (b) take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information.
If you a resident in or a visitor from the EEA, United Kingdom or Switzerland, we will protect your personal information when it is transferred outside of such locations by processing it in a territory which the European Commission has determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal information; or otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, including through the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or another lawful transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission.
If you require further information about our international transfers of personal information, please contact us using the contact details in the “Contacting Us” section further below.
Our Sites may use social media features, such as the “Tweet” button and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks and you click through to these from our website, the latter may receive information showing that you have visited our website. If you are logged in to your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit to our websites with your social media profile. Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
Where we are acting as a controller of your personal information, and depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the personal information we control about you.
- You can access, correct, update and delete your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, if you are a resident of or visitor from the EEA, United Kingdom or Switzerland, you can submit a request to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please send an email to email@example.com.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe link in the emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, we may still communicate with you regarding such things as your security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing purposes.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (If you are resident in the EEA or United Kingdom, the contact details for data protection authorities are available here.)
We do not honor Do Not Track signals from your browser.
This section applies only to California consumers. When Layer0 processes personal information it receives from its clients, it acts as a service provider and we follow the instructions of the client that engaged us with respect to how we process your personal information. If you would like more information about how your personal information is processed by other companies, including the companies that engage us as a service provider, please contact those companies directly.
We may act as a business for the purpose of the California Consumer Privacy Act("CCPA") when we collect personal information about you directly from you or from third party sources, such as when you visit our Site and in the context of our Marketing Activities. This section describes how we collect, use, and share California consumers' Personal Information in our role as a business and the rights applicable to such residents. This Section does not apply to information collected (i) from individuals acting as representatives of another business in connection with business communications or transactions with us; (ii) about our employees, contractors, or job applicants; and (iii)from non-California residents.
Information We Collect, Its Sources, and Our Uses of It
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers: such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number, online identifier, or internet protocol address. We collect this information directly from you or from third party sources.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: such as browsing history and information regarding your interaction with our Sites. We collect this directly from your device.
- General location data: such IP address derived approximate physical location. We collect this information from your device.
- Professional and employment-related information: such as your title and company. We collect this information directly from you or from third party sources.
- Inferences: such as information gathered from your preferences or interests. We derive this information from the other types of personal information we collect.
We use this personal information to carry out Layer0's marketing efforts, as further detailed in the "How Do We Use Your Information" section of this Privacy Notice.
Information We Share with our Service Providers
We may share any of the categories of personal information described above with our service providers to support our own business purposes in marketing our Services to you, as further described in the "Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?" section of thisPrivacy Notice. Our service providers are external parties that we engage for business purposes and are restricted from using personal information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement with them.
Layer0 does not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes (pursuant to California Civil Code Sec. 1798.83.
Information We “Sell”
“Sell” means disclosing personal information to an external party for monetary or other benefit. We may sell the following categories of personal information to our Advertising Partners (seethe Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?" section of this Privacy Notice): Identifiers and Internet or other electronic network activity information.
Your Rights Under the CCPA
You may have certain rights with respect to the personal information we collect or maintain about you, including:
- The right to access, including the right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected, used and disclosed about you in the past 12 months;
- The right to deletion of your personal information, subject to certain limitations under applicable law;
- The right to opt out of our sale of personal information, which you may exercise by using this link in addition to the contact information below.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising certain rights under California law.
To exercise these rights, please use the contact details provided under the "Contacting Us" heading. Please be as specific as possible in relation to the personal information you wish to access. Once we receive your request, we will review it, determine whether we can verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making, and process the request accordingly. If we need additional information to verify your identity, we will let you know.
You may also designate an agent to make requests to exercise your rights under CCPA as described above. We will take steps both to verify the identity of the person seeking to exercise their rights as listed above, and to verify that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf through providing us with a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. At this time, we do not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please use the contact information provided under the "Contacting Us" heading.
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so and for a period of time consistent with the original purpose as described in this Notice. We determine the appropriate retention period for personal information on the basis of the amount, nature and sensitivity of your personal information processed, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as on the basis of applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
After expiration of the applicable retention periods, we will either delete or anonymize your personal information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Our services are not targeted to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, children under 16.
We may change this Notice at any time. The most recent version of the Notice is reflected by the version date located at the top of this Notice. We encourage you to review this Notice often to stay informed of any changes that may affect you.
If we make material changes to this Notice, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes prior to implementing the changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this Notice frequently to be informed of how Layer0 is protecting your information.
To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Notice or the information collection and dissemination practices of the Site or our Services, please email email@example.com, visit https://www.layer0.co/contact/ or call our toll free number 1-877-666-8932 (1-800-6668932).
Alternatively, you can contact us in writing at:
Attention: Layer0 Legal
340 Pine St, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94104
United States of America